Day one Thursday May 15
- Meet in the hotel foyer in Dublin at 9am. Then our coach will bring the group down to Glendalough, County Wicklow. Arrive in Glendalough around 10.30am. Following a short refreshment break our opening Celtic Gathering, introductions, orientation and outline of your Celtic Journey. Introduction to Celtic Spirituality - our ancient yet living Spiritual Tradition and an opening Celtic Ritual. Lunch together at the hotel. In the afternoon be guided in a Celtic Labyrinth Walk and a guided walk to the some of the sacred sites in the Valley, including the Holy Well receiving a sacred water blessing, a simple Celtic Ritual at the Healing Lake and visit a Fairy tree. Evening Meal together in a local family run restaurant. Overnight in a small hotel in the Sacred Valley of Glendalough.Day two Friday May 16
- Morning Gathering where I will share more about the Celtic Wisdom Tradition with a particular emphasis on Brigid - ancient Goddess and Celtic Saint, introducing you to music, song and chant in Her honour. We will travel over the mountain, through the Wicklow Gap, on toward Kildare - the place of Brigid our ancient Goddess and Celtic Saint, travelling through Brigid’s gentle pastures. Stand within Brigid’s ancient Fire Temple. Be blessed by water from Brigid’s Holy Wells. From here travel on to Co. Clare, bringing our energy to the Western Shore and all that it holds... Arrive at our hotel in Doolin. Evening meal together. Opportunities for a traditional music session in one of the pubs in Doolin....Allow your senses be filled by traditional Irish music and song. Overnight at our Hotel in Doolin.Day three Saturday May 17
- A guided morning walk immersing yourself in the magic of the hidden Burren in County Clare with a local woman, stopping at a number of sacred sites, tuning deeper into the Spirit and Energy of the wild and beautiful Burren as we move around this magical landscape. Light lunch together in a family home right in the heart of the Burren. Travel back to Doolin with a little time for contemplation, journalling, walking around the village... Dinner as you please and another opportunity to walk to a pub and hear traditional Irish music. Overnight at our hotel in Doolin.Day four Sunday May 18
- Celtic Gathering this morning further unfolding the natural gems of the Celtic tradition and deepening your journey into the beauty and wonders of Celtic Spirituality and enliven your sense and experience of our Celtic Wisdom Tradition. Visit the Burren Smokehouse and enjoy lunch in the local family owned pub. Hear about the Sheela-na-gigs and you will have the opportunity to gaze upon one of these Ancient symbols of the feminine. Before we leave County Clare we stop at a Sacred Well receiving another Water Blessing, touching deeper into the Land of Ireland. Travel into County Galway and to the ferry that will bring us to one of our Western Islands - the Aran Islands. (The ferry will take approximately 45 minutes). Bus to our family run guest house at a wild and beautiful place at the back of the Island. Settling-in time at our guesthouse followed by dinner together. A storyteller will join us and share with us some of our tales of this land Éire...... Overnight at our Guest house on Inis Mor.Day five Monday May 19
- Celtic Gathering touching into the wonders of the wild beauty of this Gaeilge (Irish) speaking Island off the west coast of Ireland. Our Celtic gathering will reflect this as you continue to deepen your understanding and feel for Celtic Spirituality, experiencing how you can bring our nature loving Spirituality into your daily life. A little time for contemplation/ reflection. Lunch as you please. In the afternoon a Pilgrimage on Aran being introduced to it's cultural heritage and visiting important Celtic sites on the island through a guided journey with a Celtic Monk who lives here, and then be part of a Celtic Ritual. Celebratory evening meal together and overnight at our Guest house on Inis Mor.
Day six Tuesday May 20
- An opportunity to walk up to Dun Aengus or walk the fine beach at Kilmurvey strand. At our morning gathering we will weave together all the strands of this Celtic Journey in a closing ritual and begin the harvesting of the treasures. We take the Ferry back to the mainland at 12midday, arriving in to Rossaveal at 1pm, and our coach will bring the group back to the hotel in Dublin by approximately 5pm. If you are staying a little longer in Ireland we can leave you in Galway City, where there are bus and rail links and car hire.
Each day we will have a Celtic gathering. Our gatherings give you an internal understanding and feel for the Celtic Tradition – a world filled with mystery and natural wonder. Let the poems, music, song and story and blessings of this ancient land add an inspirational richness. Throughout our Celtic Journey together there will be quiet time for contemplation allowing the landscape offer its spirit, reveal its story and to give space for integration.
Join us and allow the Celtic Spirit and mystery stir your imagination and nurture your heart...The cost for this Six Day Celtic Journey is 1590Euro .
(2175 US $ as at October 21 2013). (This is here only to give people a guide to currency conversion - payment is in Euro - as that is the currency in Ireland - and what all payments will be made in).
This includes all accommodations, all breakfasts, one lunch and four evening meals, ground transportation in our own private coach, guides, and pilgrimage activities. (If you wish a room on your own a single supplement of €150 applies). If there is not a person to share a room with, a single supplement will be necessary.
The price does not include airfare, and each participant will make their own flight arrangements. Travel insurance is advised. The itinerary may vary in order to provide the most worthwhile experience under the circumstances prevailing at the time.
We will be happy to answer any of your questions, so for further information or to reserve a place on this Celtic Journey contact
Mary Meighan in Ireland at: email@example.com
Jeanne Crane in the USA at: firstname.lastname@example.org